At St. Augustine’s Art and event centre we don’t just host events, we provide a great place to visit any day of the week. Pop in and discover our Wild Café and relax in a unique, peaceful environment. Despite its name, the Wild Café is a relaxing place for anyone who enjoys tasty treats. If you visit on a quiet day, you can enjoy the astonishing scenery of our Grade ll listed building, with a cake and a coffee. If you join us on a busier day, you can get involved in all sorts of local events from craft fairs to art gallery displays.
The Wild Artisan Cafe makes their hearty and nutritious food with the freshest ingredients and is inspired by a passion to deliver only the best healthy meals for their customers. They make a whole range of food to make everyone happy, dishes range from Buddha bowls to Waffles and bacon!
The Wild Artisan Cafe is unique among the food spots in Brighton, it uses a variety of flavours and special ingredients to create meals that are highly nourishing and healthy but also delicious.
Everything is locally sourced and freshly made using wild organic ingredients. Using these amazing ingredients they create all sorts of traditional brunch and lunch dishes such as crab benedict with seaweed hollandaise and cornflake-crusted French toast.
How Wild Artisan Café started
The owners of Wild Artisan Café are Russel and Fran, who relocated to beautiful Brighton from London. Russell has nearly 30 years of experience, working in a variety of restaurants, including Michelin Star restaurants like The Aubergine.
Russell and Fran came up with the concept for Wild Artisan Café while sitting on Brighton beach and gazing out into the sea. At that moment, they both realised how fortunate they felt to live close to nature, which sparked the idea for Wild artisan cooking. So by using Russel’s passion for creating tasty and wholesome meals and combining them with organic ingredients, Wild Café started to take shape.
Wild Café uses only the most natural and fresh ingredients available in the area, offering food for everyone, with vegan options available in abundance. But that’s not all… in addition to being sustainable, using these ingredients also supports the body’s health, offering interesting tastes and health benefits.
From full-time foodies to fussy eaters, Wild Artisan Café offers unique dishes sure to satisfy everyone, including:
- French toast with a cornflake crust, vanilla cream and a berry compote
- From wild chicken burgers to jackfruit burgers
- Buddha bowl and salads
- Top Dog hot dogs
- Hot sandwiches
- Comprehensive vegan menu
- A creative kid’s menu
- Receive daily bread and pastries from local bakeries
- And so much more, check out the full menu here
The best way to start the day is with great coffee. Wild Artisan Café sources its coffee beans from the most reputable local supplier, Roasted. However, if you’re not a coffee fan, you could always go for a tea or hot chocolate to warm you up. Alternative kinds of milk are available in all drinks at no extra cost! There are also delicious soft drinks, healthy fresh smoothies, and local craft beers for those who are less caffeine-inclined.
What the Wild Artisan Café offers
- Sunday Roasts – Every Sunday delicious traditional roasts are served from midday to 3:30pm. Meat options include beef, chicken and for those who chose a different diet, vegetarian and vegan dishes are also available.
- Supper Club – Menus will change monthly along with wine pairings. Using only the best ingredients, the food will feature new and exciting flavours. Each amazing course includes a vegetarian option. Club members will pay £75 for 5 courses and a selection of wines.
- Event Services – Wild Café works alongside the St Augustine’s Arts and Events Centre in Brighton, to cater for events, exhibitions, craft fairs and parties it holds there. So, if you are holding an event at the St Augustine’s Arts and Events Centre, where Wild Café is based, give them a call and see if their catering service could work for your event.
Everyone is welcome at Wild Café so why not pop in and try their amazing concepts of traditional food for yourself? Whilst you are there you can experience the different events in our arts and events centre and relax in the calming atmosphere.
To book a table at Wild Café for any occasion or event you can contact them through their social media, or drop by and book to save disappointment.
Are you holding an event or exhibition and would like Wild Café to cater for you? You can also request catering and other options for any events you hold here at St Augustine’s Arts and Events Center in Brighton.