Hiring a live performer is just one of our 7 ways to engage guests at your next social event. Having entertainment such as live performances is ideal for engaging your audience because it provides entertainment. If you’re looking for the best live performer to perform at your live show in Brighton, you’ve come to the right place.
It can be difficult to find musicians, jam buddies, or band members in your area. Here are our 4 tips for finding the best live musicians to play at your events:
Finding performers offline
- Put an ad or notice in your local music store – Make sure your notice is clear about what you’re looking for and includes your favourite genres or bands.
- Local rehearsal rooms – These spaces often are plastered with ads for bands looking to find members or events to play at. Almost anything can be found here, so be sure to check it out.
- Go to open mic nights & jam sessions – This is where you can find the performer or performers you are looking for in their natural environment. You might meet a future performer or meet someone who can introduce you to the right people.
- Ask a music teacher – Teachers love to see that students excel and have live performances, so they’ll be happy to help. They might have a student who would make a good fit for your event.
- Get your oldest friends together – They may know of bands in your area or suggestions from further afield.
Finding performers online
It’s also possible to find musicians from the comfort of your own home. Here are some options for finding musicians online:
- Social Platforms – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter are all good ways to spread the word. Posting in the right place can help you reach a couple of hundred people on average. You can also search for local musician groups and see if anyone there is interested.
- Jamseek – A site aimed at beginners and hobbyists learning music, guitar, and other instruments who want to jam with musicians, have fun, and learn.
- AMY – Their mission is to help musicians in every way they need. It can range from finding band members to studios, stores, luthiers, roadies, venues, or even selling tickets to a concert.
- Musolist – It is one of the longest-running musician’s classifieds sites online, and it can help you with your performing needs. It has over 250,000 users worldwide.
- Gumtree – In the community section of Gumtree UK you can find a section focused on bands and musicians. A few thousand ads of musicians either looking for a band or band member are posted here each month.
- Join my band – These are a UK based company that have many good stories and endings using this platform, to find your band members and performers for your events.
Setting up auditions is a great way to find out if the performer is a good fit for your event. Create a comfortable atmosphere for your future performers, make it fun and exciting like a jam session so you can get to know them.
After all of that effort and work, you now have the tough task of narrowing down your favourites to a set amount of performers. Make sure they match your party theme.
In choosing the right live performer, you should consider these factors.
- Background – Check for how many people have they performed in front of, where have they performed before, and what is their music education?
- The right sound and style – Be sure you know the theme of your event and if it suits your live show. A children’s event, for example, will have child-friendly performers and music.
- A unique sound – You might want to think about something that might not be obvious. Something that can make your live performance stand out from the crowd.
- A professional attitude – They have worked at events like the one you are hosting, and appear confident and respectful, as well as having a schedule and plan in place. In addition, they adhere to your schedule and times.
- Strong musical ability – Make sure they can form to the best of their ability, as you have already seen from auditions you have made or are planning to make. If you want to be sure they exactly match your event services, you can do a test event.
They will be able to perform to their best ability in a relaxed environment, so ensure your event is well organised. To get started, click here to see our 8 tips for holding a great social event.
Looking for an event venue to host your live performances? Then St. Augustine’s Arts and Event centre could be the perfect venue for your live show, you can contact us here.