There are many drama clubs in Brighton & Hove that offer a wide range of skills such as acting, dancing, and singing for people of all ages.
We searched all over Brighton & Hove to find you the best drama clubs in Brighton that include live shows, exhibitions and many other performances. The drama clubs we have chosen range from introductory, intermediate, and advanced classes for many students that will boost your confidence, develop coordination, and build your skills for success.
This group aims to provide exceptional training and opportunities for young people by constantly monitoring the industry, to ensure they provide the best training and opportunities in the area. Whilst providing the best value for money. They have 8 workshops across the Sussex area, for ages 4 – 24+. They also offer a free trial for children to be a part of any of their classes.
The club offers acting classes to children, teenagers, and young adults in East Sussex. They provide a supportive and friendly environment where students can explore their ideas and express themselves. The company also has 8 clubs throughout Brighton, for children ages 6 – 23. There are also clubs in Lewes and Hastings.
With over 30 years of experience, Stagecoach teaches students not only to sing, dance and act but to become well-rounded individuals, ready to embrace life and all its possibilities. For ages 4 – 18, they have 11 clubs across Brighton & Hove.
Unlike most stage schools, they place child development at the centre of everything they do. Using drama-based games, exercises, songs, and dances. Perform encourages children to develop their creativity and imagination. They offer drama classes for ages 4-7 years and ages 7-12 years at one venue in Hove 1. Booking a free class allows you to experience their unique workshops first-hand and there is no obligation to join.
Rox combines the experience of 8 teachers in 61 classes with 8,500 happy clients over 29 years. The school teaches boys and girls in different age groups, ranging from 6-9 years old, to 10-12 years old, to 13 years old and older. During the sessions, they emphasise everything you need to succeed in a career in the arts, as well as how confidence is key to helping your child grow into a well-rounded and happy individual. Additionally, there are adult classes available so everyone can learn something new.
Act stands for Academy of Creative Training Drama School. A variety of classes are available to get you started, improve your skills, and refresh your knowledge.
- Creative Playground – A once a week group that encourages the exploration of acting skills for people who have prior experience. For ages 18+.
- Two Week Workshop – Each month, this class introduces students to the fundamentals of acting. Beginners and those wishing to gain experience can both benefit from these exercises. For ages 16-18 +.
- ACT Kids Theatre and ACT Youth Theatre – They conduct drama classes on Saturdays for children and young people. The Minis are aged between 6 – 8 years, the Juniors between 9 – 11 years, and the Seniors between 11 – 15 years.
New Venture (NVT)
It is not necessary to have any experience to take these classes, and the first class is free! Anyone over 18 can attend the acting lesson every Monday. You can join the group at any time during a course. They also have (NVTY) is a youth theatre company for 12 – 17 year olds, whose teachers aim to develop performance skills, creativity, and confidence in a welcoming environment.
And for younger children and families…
Early Years Drama and Baby Story Play are classes for young children and their parents. These are fun family activities taught by Steve, a performer and educator with more than 25 years of experience in both language and child development. The classes are a combination of storytelling and dramatic play, allowing young children to develop their imaginations, develop confidence, and have fun while doing so.
The objective of the club is to build confidence in a fun environment through dance, singing and drama. Classes are available for all ages, such as:
- Ballet & Boogie for toddlers to 5 years old.
- Pre-Mini Performers for 4 – 7 years old.
- Mini Performers for 6 – 8 years old.
- Juniors & Seniors for ages 8+.
Here at St. Augustine’s, we can cater to all of your event services. So, if you’re looking for a venue for your own drama club or live shows and performances, you should come down to Saint Augustine’s Arts & Events Centre. Among the unique spaces in our converted church are the altar area, the main hall, permanent offices and studios.
- The altar area is one of the most popular places in the building for its beautiful Gothic architecture and high ceiling. The space holds up to 120 people seated or 200 standing.
- The main hall is the most prominent area of the centre and is capable of hosting a variety of functions, such as craft fairs, readings, writing workshops, exhibitions and other events; it’s pretty much perfect for anything. Can hold up to 500 people.
- Mini Performers for 6 – 8 years old.
- If you need a permanent place to set up your business, we can offer you a variety of studio or office spaces, in many sizes. The spaces are all equipped with modern fixtures and fittings, including WiFi, heating, and designed in a modern Gothic style.
If you think St. Augustine’s Arts and Event centre could be the perfect venue for your drama club, you can contact us here.