Book an Indian Head Massage
Indian head massage is an ancient therapeutic treatment that has been practiced in India for thousands of years. Part of the Hindu health care practice of Ayurveda, Indian head massage focuses on your head, neck and shoulders and was originally used to improve scalp and hair condition. It is a deep massage, using a variety of pressure and techniques, including circular massage strokes on your scalp, deep tissue work on your shoulders, and stretching the neck.
Treatment can provide instant relief from tension and stress symptoms and induce a state of calm, peace and tranquillity and also promote high levels of alertness and concentration.
- Skin – encourages desquamation and thereby improving skin tone and colour
- Hair – increases circulation to the scalp which helps improve hair condition and promotes healthy hair growth
- Eyes – relaxes and soothes tense eye muscles
- Skeletal system – helps increase joint mobility and flexibility in shoulders, neck and arm. It improves posture and reduces tension in the tissues making them more flexible which minimises the stress on bones and joints, reducing their need to overwork to compensate for muscles not working properly
- Muscular system – improved circulation helps remove waste particularly lactic acid, from muscles reducing aches and soreness. The treatment on the head, neck and shoulder helps reduce tension, sinusitis and congestion. It stretches the tissues, increases flexibility, and releases tightness in overworked or tense muscles. Stress reduction helps prevent stress-induced muscle spasm in back as well as shoulders and arms; reduction in inflammation or pain and headaches
- Circulatory system – improves circulation, thus improving the delivery of nutrients and oxygen and speeding up the removal of wastes and toxins; lowers blood pressure
- Lymphatic system – improves lymphatic circulation thus speeding up the removal of excess fluid and waste from cells, helping to reduce swelling or oedema and reducing the risk of infection through improved production and delivery of white blood cells.
- Nervous system – reduces effects of stress thus facilitating sleep, reduces anxiety, slows down heart rate, improves breathing, releases physical and mental tension, promotes feelings of calm and well-being; helps unblock congestion throughout the body enabling improved neural communication; release of tension increases energy levels; relieves mental and physical strain thereby improving concentration.