Book a Bowen Therapy session
The Bowen Technique is a holistic hands-on therapy, which, through a series of non-invasive gentle moves over muscle and connective tissue, allows the body to reset and heal itself. It is generally a pleasant and relaxing experience with no known adverse side effects.
The treatment aims to support and boost the natural healing capabilities of the body, and is holistic in that it addresses the body as a whole, rather than just treating the presenting symptoms. The Bowen treatment is usually performed with the client lying on a treatment couch. The series of gentle rolling moves on the skin (or through light clothing) allows the practitioner to sense the tension and stress buildup in the muscle groups and at junctions with bone; he or she then utilises the Bowen moves to release that stress, allowing the body to reset and heal itself. The healing process can be relatively immediate or over a number of days following the treatment.
A Bowen treatment is useful for everyone from newborn infants through to the elderly. Although it is a powerful and dynamic tool for treating ailments and injuries, many people in good health enjoy regular treatments to maintain optimal body balance. The Bowen Technique makes a positive, healthy impact by providing more energy and an overall sense of well-being.
Bowen can be an effective treatment for:
- Musculo-skeletal, back and neck problems.
- Frozen shoulder, tennis elbow and R.S.I.
- Accident and sports injuries.
- Problems with posture and body alignment.
- Stress and tension-based reactions, migraine and recurring headaches.
- Bronchial and related conditions such as hay-fever and asthma.
- Many cases of emotional illness where relaxation is a prime factor in easing pain and anxiety.